6.13.2007

What I'm noticing about the culture of cycling is that road bikers are dicks. They won't even look your way when you pass and wave. I suppose the reason being is that the sudden movement of a facial expression could increase their wind resistance but that still makes them dicks in ridiculous clothes. So I started playing this new game where when I see a roadie in front of me I step on the gas to smoke those fools. I imagine myself as an evil cycling wizard that steals their spirit as I pass 'em by. Shaming them by getting lapped by a kid wearing cut-off jean shorts, a studded leather belt, and carrying 60 extra pounds of gear as they lose ground while wearing the latest in skin tight, cycling-nerd gear. They look so ridiculous. It does lose it's fun when the person you lap happens to be 75 and then catches up to you for some friendly conversation about bikes. I suppose that we're all assholes sometimes.

3 comments:

marinahelene said...

lol Ray. I will now refer to you as the evil bike wizard.

Anonymous said...

ha huh hehaihduehahahaHAHAHAGHA!
heioheheheheahahhahaakakakakakakakkakakakakaka!!! ahahahHAAHwghowhowhowhowhowhowhohehehehehhehhahahhaaaaaaaAAA!
......ok....now there is no more sound coming out just the convulsions in my stomach...and i don't know how to write those!
mary

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you recall a certain housemate I had before you, one that often chatted up girls in bars by telling them he was a "cyclist." He kept all the spandex ultra-gear on hand in case he needed to fling it around his room or something, I guess in the event that he ever got one of them home.

So now and forever I think of that douche whenever I see those dudes. ALSO, the worst customers at the cafe I worked at, hands down. They would pull soaked 20's out of their spandex and try to pay for coffee with them. My co-worker once finally put his foot down and was like, "I'm not touching that nasty shit any more." He got in trouble, of course. I'm pretty glad I quit, still.

-Sunday