6.12.2007

CONDORS


I was rolling down Big Sur yesterday and these guys were perched on the railing next to the road. A lot of what I've seen over the last couple of weeks has been less than extraordinary because of my frame of reference. Even though I haven't actually seen the California coast or the Redwood Forest in person I do have pictures in my head from books and television that give me the impression that I've seen it before, thus diluting the experience. But walking up to these huge birds and standing five feet from their massive bodies was a much richer moment. They look monstrous and out of place anywhere but in a Fantasy/ Sci-Fi film. And again I seem to relate things only to modern media with no personal identification. I don't know what it is like to see something for the first time ever and be truly awed. Maybe in India...



No comments: