6.12.2007

San Louis Obispoe

It's Tuesday the 12th and I should hit San Diego this coming Monday. Right now I'm in San Louis Obispoe and it's beautiful out. I'm gong to spend most of the day riding around this town, taking care of errands and then head S.W. to Pismo Beach for the night. Yesterday I woke up on the North side of Big Sur and traveled across that amazing landscape with my destination being San Simeon about 70 miles away. Big Sur was incredible. The climbs were big and the descents fast with about 3,500 ft. of elevation gained and lost throughout the day. It was all so stunning that I barely felt the fatigue that I have in the past when climbing these kinds of roads. As I came into San Simeon it was only 5 p.m. and I was still feeling fresh if just a little hungry so I decide to push on another 25 miles to Morro Bay. The wind was at my back and the terrain had changed from near vertical hills to rolling pastures as I kept a pace of 20+ miles per hour. I approached Morro Bay around the 95 mile mark and since I was so close, decided to push it 'til I hit 100. 13 miles later I hit San Louis Obispoe at 8:30 with just over 107 miles for the day. Now I'm ahead of schedule and have time to thoroughly explore San Louis and Pismo Beach. The skies are blue, cloudless and I think that it's gonna be a great day.

No comments: