8.30.2007

Delhi is Dirty




So I barely made it to the tiny town of Nainital. I was still having an interesting time in Delhi, which makes me question my soul. I like to believe that I was meant to be a Jedi but the darkside is always so much more alluring. The chaos and filth of Delhi is such another world. And you start to get used to the crap and poverty that is in every direction. The noise pollution never stops, it invades that sanctity of my rented cage and I have to believe this is having some side effects on my psyche. Maybe I'll just come home with an inability to lower my voice, always shouting like I'm angry for simple things like "OVER EASY WITH TOAST". That's how it goes around here, smiles are a bit of a rarity and the verbal interactions sound like two mentally retarded NY cab drivers arguing over a parking space, but somehow one of their mothers got brought into it and now everyone hold on 'cause know it's gonna be a blood bath. And then they stop. Maybe walk away, maybe just stand there but all of a sudden the imminent threat of war is over.

So I'm also sick. This I knew was going to happen for staying in Delhi too long and I'm paying for it now. I have a pretty bad lung infection and I'm on my second set of antibiotics since being in India. The good news is, no diarrhea. YIPPEE. But htis also means that I'm kinda kept in my cell for most of the day. Yet ther is so much to do here. There are hike, caves to explore, trails, and neighboring towns to check out. But it's taking all of my energy just to type this stupid blog. So now I'm going back to my cage. bye, bye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the "new york cab driver" simile, well done, I totally feel like I can fairly accurately imagine the scene.
Get better quickly. Does the lung infection mean no more smoking? Just curious.