7.29.2007

A Strong Contender for "Worst Night of My Life"

So Melissa and I came down with the expected case of Diarrhea. But it was accompanied by the violent regurgitation of anything lining my intestines, chills, sweats, and vicious muscle spasms. Mels came on 16 hours before mine and I couldn't have guessed that it was going to be such a hellish experience. I became completely dehydrated without the capability of holding water and it took all the life out of me. We holed up in our room for two days and then decided to make way to Pushkar by taxi. There was no way that I was going to risk a four to five hour bus ride with no toilets so we paid Fifty American for the cab. This was about five days ago now and I'm still having issues.

Other than that Pushkar has been beautiful. There is a lake in the center of town which is surrounded by Ghats that head down to the water. The people, for the most part, are less pushy than in the other cities. Except for some Gypsies that started calling me a "Poosay" when I wasn't falling for their pleas for money. The food is good and we found a hotel with a pool yesterday where we took some time to cool off.

I'm not really feeling this "blog" thing right now. Partly because there is so much to write about and partly due to Mel waiting for me to go get something to eat. I'll be back

And check Mels blog out 'cause she has all the dope photos

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

darn i was wondering what happened to yall. sounds like food poisoning. i got that...ONCE. i was never so sick in all my life. and to the point where i had to call the ambulance to come get me. even when i got the hospital and they intravenously gave me antinauseants, i was STILL puking. GOD knows what kind of microorganisms thrive in dirty indian food. for realz. ive heard some stuff about people getting mixed up with some ripe indian food.

just be careful homie...as a cook, make sure your crap is freaking hot when it gets to you. you cannot see microorganisms, or even smell them, unless the food is old enough. but the biggest transfer of food borne illness if because of bad personal hygene.

love ya homie and take care of that diarrhea! keep your pimp hand strong.

some of my friends have been checking out your blog. theyre diggin it. i post them in bulletins on my myspace.

alright take care and be safe:)

remember how im uempolyed? i got a random check in the mail for $519

GOD feeds the birds:)

ur homie, john

p.s. let me know if these posts bug ya, ill shorten them if youd like:)

Anonymous said...

I have really been enjoying the blogs! I am sorry to hear about all the horrible sickness happening, but I'm very glad you are through the worst of it. Here's hoping it won't happen again. Thanks in part to your recent visit, I forced us to spend some of our grocery money on a water filter pitcher last week. So, now I feel slightly better about things. I felt like quite a hypocrite having all the energy conservation bulbs and such, and then going through 10 bottles of water a day that ended up not being recycled. I have been wondering what you guys are doing about water. Did you bring some sort of filtration system along?

Anonymous said...

I was wondering too! But I checked Melissa's blog and see that you guys are moving along. She has some amazing pics!
Hope you feel better!