7.24.2007






Now this was a great day. We headed into the bazaar for a little window shopping and then caught a bus to Amber (pronounced Amer) which was a Palace/ Fort high up on the hill. It houses the worlds largest canon on wheels and many different Muslim and Hindu temples. We met some of the most kind and friendly poeple yet there. Almost like super-fans of the West. So much hand shaking and hand waving and picture taking. We were total rock-stars. The Muslims we passed were not as freindly. Almost no smiles coming from those grills. At the top there were again many monkeys. Not as many as at the Hanuman Temple and also a different kind. Very friendly. Their soft hands would gently take some naan from mine. Although when I tried to play hard to get with the food some fangs came out. I learned my place very quickly.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the monkey pic!!! You got him right as he was waving to you! Looks like a good trip so far. I hope it only gets better for you.
love ya!

Anonymous said...

nice tanktop andrew.

Anonymous said...

I bet you were HILARIOUS with those monkeys, I'm sorry I missed it but the pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire,

That's called a "wife-beater" not a tanktop. Or we could call it a "cler-beater," since you're practically married to everyone.

Anonymous said...

dude, come on, who hasnt fed monkeys?!

were getting bored here!

how bout you getting in your cowstume and taking a rickshaw all through DELHI in it?

and what about the clubs, how come you arent hitting the clubs? why else go to INDIA..

:)

mer said...

Hey there Aunt Rayzie!! We miss you. Hope you and the Mo'm are feeling better. I see she has you carrying her purse after all. Love you!!