7.31.2007

Lost in experience

Everyone recognize a Camel? The other shots are the old Fort behind the city. No one is conquering that place. It looks like it was carved directly out of the earth, from the top of the mountain down. The other photo is the clock tower near the city center, about a two minute walk from our room.

I had planned to write more, I always do but there is just so much happening at all times. There is the tangible. Like the constant motion of bodies and machines. Also the perceptions of my new surroundings. I'm lost. Every moment is a new beat, a new stimulus. It's all action with little chance of reflection. I can't even journal fast enough. Every new sight gets drowned out by the next. Beauty after sorrow after Oh Shit, I almost got run over by a Water Buffalo or whatever I might not be dodging fast enough for that one moment. No wonder it's so hard to find alcohol here. It's too dangerous to not be tip-top.

Tomorrow we catch our train to Bikaner. The plan thus far is to hang in Rajasthan, which is sooo hot right now. Then we regretfully return to Delhi for as little time as possible in order to catch a train North to the state of Himachal Pradesh to lay low in the Himalayas for a couple of weeks. I can't wait for some lush, cool environment. Gonna make me homesick for the Northwest


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very glad you are feeling better. I love your photo of the fort carved in the rock and your comment about it and that you called the lizard a unicorn. I laughed when I read your description of the pharmacist. These are the days of your life.

Anonymous said...

great efen pics man. looks like some national geographic shit. cant wait to see your collection of memories whene you get home.

skrappy